- Auditions are scheduled for Wednesday, December 7th after school on the stage.
- Students are asked to bring a list of any conflicts that they have from January 4th until March 16th. This includes, but is not limited to: sports practices, church/religion classes, dance/music/vocal lessons, doctor’s appointments, vacations, etc.
- The performances will be Thursday, March 15th and Friday, March 16th, 2012.
- Students who are only interested in being on stage crew should stop by auditions to fill out a form, so we have their information. Students only interested in stage crew will not have to dance, sing or read.
- We will start with the dance audition. Miss Grigg will teach everyone a short routine to "Work It Out." After everyone has learned the routine, students will be split into groups, so we can watch everyone dance.
- After the dance audition, we will do the singing auditions. Students will individually perform one of the four audition songs listed below. There will be piano accompaniment, and students do not have to memorize the song.
- After each student has sung, we will either ask them to stay to read from the script, or they will be allowed to go home. If a student is not asked to stay to read, that does not mean they will not get a part in the show. It simply means that we have seen enough from that particular student.
- After everyone has had a chance to sing, we will split the remaining students into small groups to read short scenes from the show. After everyone has read, students will be dismissed.
- Generally, auditions for the spring musical are over around 7:00 pm, but it depends on how many students show up to audition. We will then discuss all of the auditions, and decide on a cast. The cast list will be posted on the front door of the school, as well as on the Drama Club website.
Below are the files for the audition songs. You may download them from here, or you may pick up paper copies from Miss Grigg's room in the 6th grade hallway. Paper copies will be available after school on Tuesday 11/15. If you have any questions about what you are supposed to sing in any of the songs, just ask!
"BET ON IT" (2 pages) sung by Troy
start at measure 11, stop at measure 40
NOTE: This song has a lot of back and forth between Troy and other characters. If you choose to sing this song for the audition, please sing both parts, so you are singing complete phrases (ex.: sing "Did you ever..." and "Lose yourself to get what you want?" to make "Did you ever lose yourself to get what you want?").
"GOTTA GO MY OWN WAY" (2 pages) sung by Gabriella
start at measure 5, stop at measure 25
"I DON'T DANCE" (2 pages) sung by Chad and Ryan
start at measure 54, stop at measure 78
NOTE: This song goes back and forth a lot between Chad and Ryan. If you choose to sing this song for the audition, you will be singing a little of both parts. Measures 54-57 sing Ryan's part, measures 57-62 sing Chad's part, measures 62-78 sing the top line (Chad and Ryan's parts) and ignore the Wildcats parts.
"FABULOUS" (3 pages) sung by Sharpay
start at measure 2, stop at measure 35
NOTE: The Sharpettes sing back-up to Sharpay in this song. It is only necessary to sing Sharpary's parts, which should always be the top line of music in this song.