Mary Poppins Jr. Auditions
- Auditions are scheduled for Thursday, December 14th after school.
- Students are asked to bring a list of any conflicts that they have from January 4th until March 30th. This includes, but is not limited to: sports practices/games/tournaments, church/religion classes, dance/music/vocal lessons, doctor’s appointments, vacations, etc.
- The performances dates and location are TBA. We are trying to keep the performances as close as possible to our usual performance dates in mid-March.
- When students arrive at auditions, they should turn in their completed audition form. Students will then be called to sing individually, and read from the script in small groups.
- For the singing auditions, students should choose one of the songs found below. Songs will be sung a capella (no piano or CD), and do not have to be memorized. For "Perfect Nanny," sing the whole song. For "Jolly Holiday," sing measures 10-30. For "Spoonful of Sugar," sing measures 1-63. For "Feed the Birds," sing measures 24-71. For "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious," sing measures 1-36. For "Let's Go Fly a Kite," sing measures 1-26.
- The full script and music can be found at www.mtishows.com/news/practically-perfect-mary-poppins-jr-is-now-available-for-licensing
- After everyone has had a chance to audition, we will decide on a cast. The cast list will be posted on the Drama Club website by 9:00 pm on Thursday December 14th.
- Rehearsals are tentatively scheduled for Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:30 pm-6:00 pm.
- Students who are only interested in being on Stage Crew DO NOT need to come to auditions. We will have a separate sign-up for Stage Crew after Winter Break.