- Auditions will be held on the stage on Tuesday, September 8th starting at 3:30 pm. Audition forms can be downloaded below.
- Students wanting to audition should prepare a song (at least one verse and refrain) from a Broadway musical that best showcases their vocal ability. Songs from CAPTAIN LOUIE are acceptable to sing.
- Songs will be sung a capella (no piano or CD) and must be memorized.
- Students will come to auditions, turn in their audition form, be called in to sing individually and then will either be asked to stay or told that they are free to go. If asked to stay, students will be read from the script in small groups after all of the singing is finished. If you are not asked to stay and read, that does not mean that you will not get a part. It simply means that we have heard enough from you for the day.
- Students are also asked to bring a list of any conflicts that they have from auditions until October 16th. This includes, but is not limited to: sports practices, church/religion classes, dance/music/vocal lessons, doctor’s appointments, vacations, etc. There are only 5 weeks of rehearsals before the show, so it is imperative that students can attend the majority of rehearsals.
- Rehearsals are scheduled for Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:30 pm-6:00 pm.
- The performances are tentatively scheduled for Thursday, October 15th and Friday, October 16th.
- We may or may not need a stage crew for this show. Students who are only interested in being on stage crew, if needed, do NOT need to attend auditions. We will make an announcement later in the rehearsal process if we need students to sign up for stage crew.